Pinwheel Wall Quilt
- 1 1⁄2 yds Fabric A: Everglade Blue cotton
- 8-10 fabrics: 1/8 yd each
- 2 yds fabric: backing & binding
- Rotary cutter, mat, ruler
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo. WS = Wrong side(s)
1. Pinwheel Squares: From two contrasting fabrics, cut two 2 1⁄4" squares. Cut each in half diagonally, forming 8 half-square triangles. Sew 2 different triangles together to form a square. Repeat for 4 squares. Arrange squares & sew to form one block. Press. Make 10 blocks. Trim blocks to 3" squares.
2. Cut remaining 1/8 yd fabrics into 3" strips.
3. Lay Fabric A flat. Arrange pinwheel blocks and fabric strips across Fabric A. Sew pinwheel block to strips, using 1/4" seams. Press.
4. Cut Fabric A into 6 sections, ranging from 4"-8". Sew the strips between the fabric sections with 1/4" seam allowance. Press seams toward strips.
5. Layer backing, batting & quilt top. Quilt in ditch and around pinwheel blocks and along strip edges.
6. Baste around edges. Cut away excess backing and batting.
7. From remaining backing fabric, cut five 2 1/2" strips. Sew together on the diagonal, trim seam to 1/4" & press seams open. Fold binding in half WS together and press. Align raw edges with raw edges of quilt, mitering at the corners. Sew 1/4" from edge. Fold binding to back & hand stitch to back of quilt.