SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice® Baby Yarn: 1 skein Aqua (A), 1 skein Goldfish (B), or colors of your choice
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice® yarn: 1 skein Black (C), 1 skein Rust (D), 1 skein Beige (E), 1 skein Mustard (F), 1 skein Honey (G), or colors of your choice
- Crochet hook, size H-8
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Magnetic purse closure, optional
- Sewing needle & thread, if magnetic closure is used
1 ripple = approx. 2¼"
Be sure to check your gauge.
1. This project is worked in a ripple crochet pattern. The ripple pattern is easy to do, but it’s important to remember that several rows may need to be worked together before the ripple pattern becomes clear.
2. To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete st. Fasten off old color.
3. Work over yarn ends of old colors or weave in ends as work progresses.
Work 2 rows with A, 1 row with C, 1 row with A, 2 rows with C, 1 row with D, 1 row with C, 2 rows with D, 1 row with E, 2 rows with F, 2 rows with B, 1 row with C, 2 rows with E, 1 row with C, 1 row with G, 1 row with C, 2 rows with B.
Rep these rows for Stripe Sequence.
With A, ch 31.
Row 1 (RS): Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 ch, *sc2tog twice, sc in next 2 ch, 2 sc in each of next 2 ch, sc in next 2 ch; rep from * across to last 7 ch, sc2tog twice, sc in next 2 ch, 2 sc in last ch – 3 ripples at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 2 sts, *sc2tog twice, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in each of next 2 sts, sc in next 2 sts; rep from * across to last 7 sts, sc2tog twice, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in last st; change to C in last st.
Rep Row 2, continuing to change color following Stripe Sequence, until piece measures about 15" from beginning.
Fold along the 15" length as follows: fold up about 4½" at one end. Sew through both layers along both sides to make body of clutch.
Fold over the opposite end to make a flap that will be about 4½" wide.
Optional: With sewing needle and thread, sew one half of magnetic closure to inside of flap and the other half to front of clutch. Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS & STITCHES: ch = chain, rep = repeat, sc = single crochet, st(s) = stitch(es)
sc2tog = sc 2 sts together – Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
Finished size approximately 6"x7" folded