Pirate Treasure Stepping Stone
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Stepping Stone items: mix, dye, square mold
- Glass mosaic tiles, white & black squares
- Glass mosaic pieces, assorted colors
- Sea shells
- Acrylic paint, black
- Paint brush, 1/4" round
- Disposable aluminum loaf pan
- Plastic utensils
- Following package directions, prepare Stepping Stone Mix in disposable pan and stir in dye powder. Pour into mold and smooth the surface.
- Place a border of white tiles around edge. Using tweezers, spell out "DIG HERE" with small glass mosaic pieces at top of stepping stone.
- Lay out the "X" in black tiles and create a winding path of small glass mosaic pieces away from it. End the trail with a large red mosaic piece.
- Paint a shell with a "Jolly Roger" face as shown and press into the concrete. Surround the head with red glass mosaic chips for his scarf. Find shell bits to create the bones of the "Jolly Roger." In the empty spaces of the stepping stones, add more shells and mosaic chips for interest.
- Allow to dry completely then remove from mold.