Plaid and Floral Outfit
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Jacket pattern – Vogue® 8799 – follow instructions using Platitude fabric
1 yd sheer print fabric
1 yd lining
1 pkg 3/4" elastic
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Serger (optional)
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Measure hip and add 2" for ease plus add 1-1/4" for two 5/8" seam allowances.
2. Measure the desired skirt length plus 1-1/4" for hem and 1-3/4" for elastic casing. Repeat the same measurements for the lining.
3. Cut skirt and lining to the desired length and width of the hip measurement extending the length of skirt beyond the lining length. There will be one seam at the center back.
4. Measure the waist plus 1-1/4" seam allowance for the elastic. Serge or overcast the top of skirt and fold over 7/8", insert elastic and stitch enclosing the elastic.
5. Hem skirt and lining.
SLOUCHY STUDDED HAT
Hat measures 18” x 10”
Gauge: 5 stitches and 6 rows = 1”
Stitches used: 1 x 1 ribbing; K2tog
- Needles – size 7, 16” circular
- Lion Brand Jiffy in “fisherman”, 1 skein
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Measuring tape
- Embellishments – STUDD*D studs, 2 packages (1 triangular shapes, 1 cone shapes)
- Needle nose pliers
Cast on 90 stitches.
Join, (do not twist stitches), place marker to show beginning of round.
Work 1 x 1 rib.
Round 1: *K1, P1, repeat from * around.
Repeat round 1 until hat measures 10” from cast on edge.
Round 1: [K2 tog] 45 times.
Round 2: Knit.
Round 3: [K2 tog] 22 times, K1
Cut yarn, leaving long tail and using yarn needle, remove stitches from needle, gather tightly, tie.
Attach studs following package directions.
Place a row of studs, alternating shapes, one per rib, 1/2” from cast on edge. Refer to photo for placement.