Plaid Mantle Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 22⁄3 yds Platitudes fabric, a woven plaid fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- T-pin or heavy straight pin
1. Following the grain of the plaid fabric along one selvedge, cut off 1” the full 8-ft length.
2. About 12” from the first cut, make a parallel cut following the grain for the full 8-ft length. Before cutting, look at the plaid design and center it so both edges of the scarf have the same portion of the plaid design.
3. Trim the ends following the grain along both short edges.
4. Using a T-pin or heavy straight pin to assist, pull thread from both ends to make the 1½” fringe.
5. Fold the long side edges in 1/4” and fold again 1/4”. Stitch to finish the scarf.