SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 ball ea. Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®:Olive (A), Cranberry (B), Beige (C) or colors of your choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size H-8
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
GAUGE: EXACT GAUGE IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR THIS PROJECT
1. Poinsettia is made from 15 pieces: 6 Leaves, 6 Petals, and 3 Centers.
2. Leaves and Petals are worked along both sides of the foundation ch.
3. Materials are sufficient to make multiple Ornaments.
LEAF (make 6)
Beg at base of Leaf, with A, ch 10.
Row 1: Sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 ch, hdc in next 3 ch, sc in next 2 ch, (sl st, ch 2, sl st) in last ch (tip of Leaf); working across opposite side of foundation ch, sc in next 2 ch, hdc in next 3 ch, sc in next 2 ch, sl st in next ch.
Fasten off. Cut yarn leaving a long yarn tail.
PETAL (make 6)
Beg at base of Petal, with B, ch 6.
Row 1: Sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 ch, hdc in next ch, 5 hdc in last ch (tip of Petal); working across opposite side of foundation ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next 2 ch, sl st in next ch.
Fasten off. Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail.
CENTER (make 3)
With C, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook; do not join – 3 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 2: (2 sc in next sc) 3 times – 6 sts.
Fasten off, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail through sts of last rnd and pull to gather. Knot securely. Do not trim yarn tail.
Using yarn tails, sew Leaves together at base, sew Petals to Leaves, then sew Centers to Petals.
Knot a length of yarn in desired color to Poinsettia for hanging loop.
Weave in ends.
SIZE: About 4" diameter