Polka Dot Favor Boxes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cardstock in coordinating bright colors & prints (orange, blue, etc.)
- Gift boxes
- Circle-cutting tools: Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter, Fiskars circle-cutter, punches, etc.
- Covered button kits
- Computer printer fabric
- Computer & printer
- Fabrics of choice
- Paper trimmer
- Corner punch
- Glue stick
- Boxes can be decorated either before or after assembling. Each rectangle and strip is cut to fit on one side only; there is no wrapping around corners. Measure the box dimensions, cut the cardstock, round corners if desired, and attach to box with glue stick.
- Punch or cut circles and embellish boxes as desired.
- To create fabric-covered buttons, follow manufacturer's directions on covered button kit. Cut ribbon to desired length, plus 2". Trim each end of ribbon into a long point and thread through the button shank in opposite directions. Pull the ribbon ends snugly against the favor box. Trim ends into diagonals. Tip: to prevent ribbons from accidentally slipping out of the shanks, cut them 4" longer, thread them through shanks, tie a knot near the ends of each ribbon end then trim into diagonals.
- Print the bride's and groom's names and wedding date on computer printer fabric and cover one button and make tag as in step 3.