Polka Dotted Flower Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- 6"x2" Round Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- Icing Colors: Rose*, Orange*, Leaf Green
- Cake Leveler
- 6" Cake Circles
- 11" Straight Spatula
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Cake Decorating Tip 5 (three needed)
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (6-3/4 cups batter needed)
- Food-safe scissors
*Combine Rose with Orange for peach.
1. Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool three 6" cake layers. Tint portions of decorator icing light rose, peach and green. Reserve some white. Level, fill and stack cakes on cake circle for 3-layer cake, 5" high. Use spatula and white icing to ice cake smooth.
2. Decorate cake. Use tip 5, cut disposable decorating bags and tinted icing to pipe ball flower center and five beads around flower center, starting in the middle of the cake side. Continue to pipe beads out from flower center, shaping it into a full flower. Repeat until cake top and sides are decorated with bead flowers.