Pom Pom Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 40" square knit or woven fabric
- 22?3 yds (8 ft) 3/4" pom fringe
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
RS = Right side(s).
- RS together, fold the fabric square into a triangle, aligning one corner diagonally with the opposite corner. Match all cut edges.
- Position the pom fringe with the poms facing the inside of the triangle, sandwich the header between the two layers of fabric. Pin in place.
- Use a regular straight machine stitch to sew along one edge of the scarf in a 1/4" seam, stitching through all thicknesses. Backstitch at the corner of the triangle to reinforce.
- Use a straight machine stitch, to sew the other edge of the scarf in a 1/4" seam; stitch through all thicknesses. Stop stitching 4" from the end of this side to allow for turning.
- Press seams to blend stitching. Clip corners so they remain sharp after the scarf is turned RS out.
- Turn scarf RS out & gently push out corners. Turn seam allowance of opening to the inside. Press flat.
- Use a straight machine stitch to topstitch around the scarf as close as possible to the edge, through all thicknesses. This stitching will close the opening that was used for turning.
Items in This Collection
Item # 1890342
Available for U.S. Shipping Only