SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ready-made curtains
- Pom Pom trim - see step one to determine quantity needed.
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Thread to match the curtain color
- Iron and pressing surface
1. Determining the length of trim needed: Measure the length top to bottom on one side of the
curtain, across the hem and up the other side. That length plus about 4” is the amount of trim
needed for one curtain panel. Multiply that by the number of panels needed. If using the trim
as a tie back add the length needed for the tie back and multiply by the number needed.
2. Set up the sewing machine on a straight stitch with the zipper foot and a fairly long stitch length.
3. Starting at the top of the curtain, just below the casing tuck the band end of the trim under the
edge of the curtain allowing the pompoms to stick out . Stitch about ¼” in from the edge, all
around the curtain, carefully sewing around the corners at the bottom him.
4. Repeat on all curtain panels.
5. Press curtains as needed and hang.