Pompom Lamp Shade
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lamp shade
- Fabric to cover shade
- Pompom trim
- Iron, pressing surface
- Clip clothes pins
- Iron-on hem tape
- Fabric glue or low-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Tape measure
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
- Press fabric. Place fabric wrong side up; lay lamp shade in the center.
- Clip fabric to the bottom and top working around the shade. Hold fabric in place with clothes pins.
- Trim excess fabric beyond the shade's top and bottom to 1".
- Overlap sides of fabric 2"; trim. With fabric clipped to shade, release area on the overlap. Fold under top portion 1/2"; press. Use iron-on hem tape to seal overlap for a neat edge. Seal overlap seam.
- Glue fabric to shade top and bottom. Fold excess fabric inside 1/2"; secure with glue. Fold over again; glue fabric inside shade.
- To determine length of trim, measure around top and bottom of shade; add 8". Glue trim along top and bottom edges. The pompoms were removed from the top edge trim. Embellish flowers with a pompom center.