Pop Of Tulle Bride Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Butterick pattern # 5779 view B
- Dress Fabric – white sequin lace – lay out pattern to determine fabric needed as pattern does not offer the shorter length option
- Petticoat Fabric– See directions to determine supplies needed
- Notions called for in the pattern
- 1 spool wide coordinating color ribbon for sash
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
- Follow directions in Butterick 5779 View B cut to the length desired.
- Construct the dress following the pattern directions except for shortened length the sewer needs to adjust for.
Petticoat – supplies and directions:
First tier - White cotton fabric 3” wider than hip measurement and 10” long for the top tier of the petticoat.
White ribbon for tie hip measurement plus an additional 12” to tie. Sew a narrow casing with two small buttonholes about an inch apart for the ribbon to go through and tie for waistband. Sew a narrow hem at the bottom.
Second tier - Colored tulle for the petticoat. For some fullness measure bottom of hemmed white petticoat top to the hem length of the dress for the length of tulle. Tulle needed for the width is twice the width of the hip measurement. Gather the tulle along the long edge and sew to hem of white petticoat.
Third tier – Measure width of second tier tulle. Make the third tier twice the width of the second tier tulle and between 8 and 10” long. Gather the tulle along the long edge and sew it to the second tier tulle so that the end matches the length of the end of the second tier tulle.
For a fuller petticoat double the layers of tulle.