SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Covered work surface
- Jumbo popsicle sticks
- Acrylic paint
- Patterned paper
- Paint brush
- Mod Podge®
- Round cup with opening no larger than 3"
- Sauce pan
1. Place popsicle sticks in saucepan and fill with water.
2. Bring to a boil and boil for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. This will soften sticks and make them pliable.
3. Bend and mold the sticks in a cup to form a bracelet. Let dry for 24 hours.
4. On covered work surface, paint bracelet with 2 coats of paint. Allow to dry in between coats.
5. Trace a non-molded popsicle stick on the backside of the patterned paper and cut out.
6. Adhere patterned paper to outside of molded popsicle bracelet.
7. Cover paper with Mod Podge® and allow to dry for 15-20 minutes.
8. Continue to layer patterned paper cutouts as desired. Apply Mod Podge® after each layer.
9. Allow each layer to dry 15-20 minutes. Allow to dry overnight.
10. Adhere ribbon to inside of bracelet.