Porcelain Bead Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Glass beads, black/silver bicone mix
- Glass opaque bugle beads, black
- Czech glass e-beads, black
- 1 pair 6.375"x4.375" Wood handles
- Iron-on applique
- 2/3 yd Polyester shantung, black
- 1/3 yd Fusible fleece
- Thread, black
- 1" piece Velcro hook & loop fastener
- Basic sewing supplies Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Iron & ironing surface
- Press cloth
- Use 1/4" seam allowances.
- Following purse body pattern measurements (drawing not to scale) and flap pattern (flap pattern is to scale, enlarge flap pattern 200%), cut one each of fleece and two each of the shantung. Cut with the direction of the shantung-striped texture, going across the purse and flap.
- Fuse each fleece piece to the back of a shantung piece.
- With right sides together, sew around purse body leaving a small opening for turning. Turn, press and hand stitch the hole closed. Repeat for flap.
- Fold the purse in half with right sides together to form the purse shape. Sew the two side edges using a scant 1/4" seam. Turn right side out. Push sides in near top to form triangle shape and press using press cloth to hold shape.
- Sew tabs on each top side of purse down, holding the handles in place.
- Sew flap in place on top back, folding it across opening and down the front. Sew Velcro fastener in place as closure.
- String beads as desired making three or more 2" to 3" strands. Sew in place on flap.
- Arrange applique pieces on purse, cover with press cloth, press to adhere.