SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd fabric for center square
- 2/3 yd fabric for borders & back
- 1/8 yd assorted fabric cuts for prairie points
- 18" pillow form
- Basic sewing/quilting supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- From center fabric cut one 8-1/2" square. From border fabric cut one 18-1/2" square, two 5-1/2"x8-1/2" rectangles and two 5-1/2"x18-1/2" rectangles. From assorted fabrics, cut twelve 4" squares.
- To make prairie points, fold one 4" square in half diagonally. Press With raw edges together, fold triangle in half. Press. Repeat for each square.
- With raw edges even, pin prairie points to 8-1/2" square. Insert 2nd prairie point between raw edges of 1st point; pin. Continue around square.
- Baste prairie points to center square.
- Stitch one 51/2"x8-1/2" rectangle to side of center square. Press seam allowance towards center with prairie points pointing toward outside edge. Repeat for opposite side.
- Stitch one 5-1/2"x18-1/2" rectangle to top of center square. Press. Repeat for opposite side of center square.
- Topstitch around inside square to hold seam allowance in place.
- With right sides together, stitch pieced top to back square leaving opening for turning. Turn. Insert pillow form and whip stitch opening closed.