Pre-made Embellished Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Pre-made wreath of choice
- 1 Bolt of 1-1/2" wide wire-edge ribbon
- 2 Tulip bushes
- 1 Crocus bush
- 1 Mini rose bush
- 1 pkg. Brown floral tape
- 1 pkg. Floral wire, 18" length
- Wire cutters
- Wire easel
- Glue gun and glue sticks*
*Use glue gun only with adult supervision
- Cover 2 floral wires with brown floral tape.
- Attach 1 covered wire at top of wreath for a hanger. Hang on wire easel for ease of designing.
- Cut apart all bushes.
- Refer to photo often for help in placement of flowers and ribbon.
- Place all tulip flowers first. Do not glue anything in place at this time.
- Fill in around tulips with rose bud pieces. Repeat with crocus stems.
- Once you are happy with the design, glue everything in place without removing the stems, get the nozzle close to the stem where it is inserted into the wreath and apply glue. Repeat with all stems. Gently tug on each stem to make sure all stems are secured.
- Create 6 leaf loops using the long leaves from crocus bush. Turn the top of the leaf and glue it down to the other end. Fill in the design with loops for added interest.
- Wrap the ribbon over the top of the wreath bringing the back portion of the ribbon through the hanger on the top of the wreath. Determine the length desired and tie a double knot. Tie a loop bow as you would for tying your shoes. Cut tails to length.