Precious Penguin Keepsakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam brand foam balls: 3", 2-1/2"
- Black acrylic craft paint
- Wiggle eyes: 15mm, 10mm
- Black and orange felt
- Stiff paint brush
- Tacky white glue
- Serrated kitchen knife*
- Chopstick, optional
*Only use knife with adult supervision.
- Using a serrated kitchen knife, slice off a bit from the bottom of the Styrofoam ball so that it will sit flat.
- Lightly draw a circle on the "tummy" area of the ball with a pencil.
- Paint all but the circle black. Hint: Make your work easier by pushing a tool such as a chopstick into the Styrofoam ball in order to hold. Place the chopstick and ball into a jar to dry.
- Using the patterns provided, cut wings, tail, feet, and beak from felt. Patterns include 2 sizes, cut large for the 3" size, small for the 2-1/2". When reproducing patterns make sure the Lg Tail is exactly 2" wide.
- Fold the beak in half and glue.
- Glue the felt parts onto the ball referring to the photo for placement.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
Precious Penguin Keepsakes is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ceara from Awesome Project My gram bought me the stuff to make the penguins and I had a blast. I have made more than I need just because they are so fun to make.
Date published: 2007-12-08