SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies: White ready-to-use rolled fondant Icing colors: Royal Blue, Lemon Yellow, Rose, Violet, Leaf Green Roll-N-Cut mat 9" fondant roller Gum Paste Flower Cutter set White standard baking cups Recipe Right standard muffin pan Recipe Right 10"x16" cooling grid White decorator icing 9" angled spatula 6-pc. Blossom nesting plastic cutter set Brush set 12" disposable decorating bags Cake decorating tips: 1, 2 & 352
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Plastic ruler
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
1. In advance, make fondant flowers. Tint a 1" ball of fondant blue, 2" balls yellow, rose and violet. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings roll out 1/16" thick. Use instructions in gum paste flower cutter set to cut six medium blossoms in violet and 12 small blossoms in rose. Don’t use stamens. Allow to dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board. Reserve remaining fondant.
2. Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool completely. Tint small portion of icing green; reserve majority white. Use spatula and white icing to ice cupcakes smooth.
3. Make hat. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out remaining fondant colors 1/16" thick. Use third largest cutter to cut brim. Position on cupcake. Roll a matching color fondant ball and flatten to 1-1/2"x3/4". Use damp brush to attach to center of brim. Cut blue hat bands, 1/4"x5-1/2". Use damp brush to attach. Use tip 1, disposable decorating bag and white icing to outline and pipe dots on brim.
4. Attach flowers. Use tip 2, disposable decorating bag and white icing to attach flowers with dots of icing, and to pipe dot flower centers. Use tip 352, disposable decorating bag and green icing to pipe leaves.