Pretty Peacock Clock
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene's Liquid Fusion glue Old (vinyl) LP record
- Sequin trim, 2 yds each: green, gold, turquoise, dark turquoise, royal blue
- Clock works with 3/4" shaft
- Craft knife
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to PDF/photo for design placement. Use both wide and thin strands of sequin trim.
- Starting in center of record, apply a bead of Aleene's Liquid Fusion glue around label. Press in royal blue sequin trim adding more glue and sequins until it is 1-1/4" wide. Repeat step with turquoise trim.
- Outline turquoise strands with ring of gold sequin trim.
- Create center of feather stem with several small strands of dark turquoise sequins.
- Glue 2 strands of green sequins up each side of dark turquoise & around outside of gold sequin strand to top of record, making sure to curl end outward toward edge. Glue small strands of green sequins at top of record for feather detail, trimming each piece even with edge. Allow glue to dry.
- If hole of record needs to be slightly enlarged for clock works, insert craft knife into hole on back of record & carefully turn a few times to shave until the shaft fits.
- Assemble clock works and hands following manufacturer's instructions.