Pretty Petals Belt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 LDB Green Tonal Dot Fat Quarter (18" x 21")
- 1 LDB White Ditsy Floral Fat Quarter (18" x 21")
- 9" x 15" Lightweight paper backed fusible web
- 3" x 30" Lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/2" Sew-on Hook & Loop tape - 3"
- Covered or regular button - 1-1/8"
- Coordinating thread
- Safety pin
- Wooden dowel or chopstick
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, mat & acrylic ruler
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Finished Project Size: 2-1/4" (width) x waist + 4" (length)
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Do not pre-wash fabrics. Before cutting, press fabrics with a dry iron on cotton setting. Sew fabrics with right sides together (RST) unless otherwise noted. Backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam to secure stitching. Finish seam allowances with zigzag or serge stitching.
- Green Tonal Dot: 2 - 5" x 21" (Belt)
- Hook and Loop tape: 2 - 3" length
- Sew the two Green Tonal Dot Belt strips RST on one short edge; press seam open. Cut length to waist measurement plus 4". Cut fusible interfacing 2-1/2" by the cut length of the Belt.
- Align fusible interfacing with long cut edge on one side and fuse to wrong side following manufacturer’s directions. Fold RST so long edges meet and sew 1/4" from all cut edges leaving a 3" opening in the center for turning. Turn right side out and use a dowel or chopstick to carefully push out corners; press well. Topstitch close to all edges, sewing opening closed.?
- Refer to Diagram B to sew hook and loop tape centered 1/2" from each end, with one on the front and one on the back for the closure.
- Make the dimensional Flower using the template provided. To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Trace two each of the large and small Petals on paper side of fusible web. Fuse the four Petal shapes to the wrong side of the White Ditsy Floral fabric according to the manufacturer’s directions. Cut out Petals on the drawn lines and remove the paper. Tip: Score paper backing with a pin to easily remove backing. Fuse, glue side down, on the wrong side of the remaining fabric according to the manufacturer’s directions. Cut out around outside edge of the two large and two small Petals. To add dimension to one small and large Petal, fold Petal in half to find and mark the center. Sew 1/8" from the fold approximately 1" in the center. Re-fold Petal and sew again, making a “plus” (Dia.C).
- Layer Petals with seams down as follows: large flat, large dimensional, small flat, small dimensional. Stagger the Petals as shown. Hand sew together through the middle of the stack.?
- To print the circle template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Use the 2" template to cut the Green Tonal Dot button cover and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to cover the button or sew a decorative button in the center of the Flower. Hand sew the Flower to desired position on Belt, covering seam if possible.
- Secure around waist with hook and loop tape.?
- Finished Care Instructions: Machine wash warm and hang to dry. Press on cotton setting if needed.