Pretty Polka Dot Cheesecake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies: White Candy Melts Candy (2 pks.) 12" disposable decorating bags Parchment paper Mini loaf pan 9" springform pan 10"x16" cooling grid
- Food-safe scissors
- Solid vegetable shortening
- Potato peeler or cheese plane
- Favorite cheesecake with chocolate cookie crust recipe
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling
1. Make candy dots. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted white Candy Melts candy and a cut disposable decorating bag to pipe approximately 50 dots of varying sizes onto parchment paper. Allow to cool in refrigerator until firm.
2. Make candy curls. Add 2 tablespoons shortening to 14 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy. Pour melted mixture into two of the mini loaf pan cavities, 1" thick in one, 1/2" thick in another. Allow to cool in refrigerate until firm and unmold. When candy comes to room temperature, run potato peeler or cheese plane across narrow edge of candy to make various size curls.
3. Make cheesecake. Prepare and bake cheesecake following recipe directions. Allow to cool completely. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan and remove springform pan rim following recipe directions.
4. Decorate cheesecake. Use melted white Candy Melts candy and cut disposable decorating bag to attach dots on sides of cheesecake. Allow to cool in refrigerator. Top cheesecake with pie filling and candy curls.
Project Tip: Instead of pie filling, drizzle melted light cocoa Candy Melts candy for a delicious dessert.