Pretty Pop-Up Gift Card Holders
Supplies & Tools:
- Susan Winget® Specialty Paper Pad
- Craft knife
- Self-healing mat
- Dimensional foam adhesive
- Double-sided tape
1. Making the pattern: From paper pad select a bird to use as a pop-up. Trace it onto the middle of a large piece of scrap paper. Lay the scrap paper on the cutting mat and cut the part of the bird to pop up, leaving the rest of the bird uncut. Fold the scrap paper at the bottom of the cut, straight across. Trim the remainder of the scrap paper to size, adding an inch at the top for the pocket fold that will hold the gift card.
2. Lay the trimmed pattern over the cardstock with the bird and cut the cardstock to size, using the pattern. Cut the part of the bird to pop up, crease the cardstock at the end of the cut. Crease and fold up the pocket fold. With a narrow strip of double-sided tape, secure the pocket fold at the very bottom.
3. Cut other images, like greenery & berries, from remaining cardstock Attach to front of card with dimensional foam adhesive.
NAME CARDS GIFT CARD HOLDERS : The procedure is very similar. In addition to cutting the top pop-up portion, cut out some of the bottom of the image also.