1/4" seam allowance
Cut two 24"x18" from the coordinating fabric # 1 (front and back panels)
Cut one 24"x18" from the batting
Cut one 28" strip of elastic (bottom)
Cut one 18" strip of elastic (top)
Cut the following for pockets: One 9"x18" from the Princess fabric (top pocket)
One 12"x18" from the coordinating fabric # 2 (middle pocket)
One 36"x18" from the Princess fabric (bottom pocket)
Draw a line 17" down from the top of the front panel and draw another line 10" down from the 17" line (see image).
1. Sandwich batting, front and back panels together matching raw edges. Using the corner template on the back page, cut the top corners out. To print the corner template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
2. Fold the pockets in half along the 18" side and press.
3. Place the raw edges of the top pocket on the 17" line and stitch in place, fold up and press. Repeat for the middle pocket on the 10" line.
4. Fold the 3rd pocket up from the bottom 8", press, and fold in half back down to the fold line (like an Step 3 accordion) to create two pockets. Baste in place along bottom.
5. Trace stitch lines starting 1/2" in on the side. Stitch through all layers of fabric on the lines to create pockets for markers and notepad.
6. Place the 3rd pocket at the bottom of the panel and trace a line 6-1/2" over from the side at the top pocket down to the bottom. Stitch on the line. Stitch across just above the bottom pocket (see diagram), to create a smaller pocket for your smartphone.
7. Place the 18" strip of elastic at the top 3" in on each side and stitch in place.
8. Place the 28" strip of elastic on the sides 1-1/2" up from the bottom and stitch in place.
Step 7 and 8
9. Lay batting on working area. Place the top panel right side up and bottom panel on top. Stitch around perimeter leaving a 6" opening for turning. Clip corners and turn.
10. Press the opening in and top stitch around the outside perimeter.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>