Pudding Head Candy Skull
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- White Candy Melts® Candy (8 oz. makes 1 3-D skull)
- Dimensions® 3-D Mini Skull Pan
- Decorating Brush Set
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Tip: 2A (two used)
- Bug Sprinkles
- Plastic ruler
- Small paring knife
- Chocolate pudding recipe or mix
- Ready-to-use whipped topping
Each serves 1.
- Make candy shells. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Fill one front mini skull cavity to top with melted candy. Chill in refrigerator about 5 minutes; shell will be about ¼” thick. Pour out excess candy. Chill in freezer about 5 to 10 minutes. Unmold skull half. Repeat to make back half of skull.
- Assemble skull halves. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bag to attach front and back shell halves. Chill about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Open top of skull. Use knife to mark a circle, 3/4" above top of nose. Heat knife with warm water; dry knife thoroughly. Use heated knife to cut opening at marking around top of skull.
- Fill skull. Pour melted white candy to fill bottom of skull, 1/2" thick. Chill, about 10 to 20 minutes. Prepare pudding and allow to chill. Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and chilled pudding to fill skull cavity slightly over opening. Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and whipped topping to pipe a swirl on top of pudding. Use melted candy to attach bug sprinkles to skull. Chill, about 3 to 5 minutes. Position additional sprinkles on whipped topping.