Pumpkin Charm Napkin Ring
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique Products:
- 18" Brown Ruffled Elastic
- 2" x 4" of Orange PUL Fabric
- 1" x 1" of Light Green PUL Fabric
- 2" x 2" of cotton batting
- 3" fine hemp twine, 6 strands
- Dritz® Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
- Double-stick transparent tape
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine & matching thread
- Pumpkin Charm .pdf pattern sheet
- Paper scissors
1. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Enlarge as desired. Cut out pumpkin pattern. Trace pumpkin outline on right side of 1 orange PUL piece.
2. Layer orange PUL and cotton batting as follows: orange PUL- right side down; batting; traced pumpkin PUL- right side up. Pin layers together. Stitch around outline of pumpkin. Draw pumpkin ribs using pattern as guide and stitch over lines.
3. Cut out pumpkin very close to edge of stitching. To finish edges, satin stitch over edges using a close narrow zigzag stitch.
4. Attach leaf pattern to green PUL with double-stick transparent tape. Cut out leaf shape. Remove pattern and any tape remnants.
5. Bring twine ends together and position at top of pumpkin forming a loop. Cover ends with leaf shape and pin in place. Bar tack leaf and twine to pumpkin charm to attach.
6. Tie elastic around toilet paper tube. After 1st knot, slip pumpkin loop onto lower elastic end. Position so twine knot will be covered.
7. Continue to form bow by making a loop to the left with the lower elastic. Bring top elastic over loop and back under 1st loop to form 2nd loop. Pull to tighten. It may be necessary to pull on loose ends and then loops to tighten the bow.
8. Pull and twist ends to form spirals. Slip finished ring over folded napkin.