Pumpkin Pie with Fall Leaves Pastry Cutouts
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies
- 6-Pc. Halloween Mini Cutters (maple leaf cutter used)
- 17-1/4" x 11-1/2" Large Cookie Pan
- 14-1/2" x 20" Cooling Grid
- Recipe Right Covered 9" Pie Plate
- Refrigerated pie crust
- Pumpkin pie ingredients: 2 eggs, 1 can (15 oz.) 100% pure pumpkin, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 can (10 oz.) evaporated milk
1. Make pastry cutouts. Preheat oven to 400°F. Use mini maple leaf cutter from set to cut 65 leaves from refrigerated pie crust. Use knife to score design on cutouts. Bake cutouts on cookie pan 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
2. Make pumpkin pie. Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Press crust in bottom and up sides of pan. Trim edges. Prick bottom with a fork. Bake 7 to 8 minutes. In large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in remaining ingredients in order given. Pour into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
3. Decorate pumpkin pie. Arrange cutouts on top of pie.
Dress up store-bought pies by decorating them with pastry cutouts. Use the 12-Pc. Halloween Mini Cutters to cut iconic shapes and then add to the tops of the fall pies.