Punked Folded-Dye T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit Super Big
- Children's white T-shirt
- Plastic trash bag
- Washing machine and dryer
- For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Cover work surface with plastic trash bag.
- Wet shirt and wring dry. If dyeing multiple shirts, place wet shirts in washer on spin cycle.
- Place damp shirt on plastic trash bag, then smooth out flat. To dye shirt with a folded technique, start at one side of shirt and fan fold across shirt, creating a 2" fold.
- Wearing gloves from kit, fill each dye bottle with water to line indicated. Replace cap and shake until dye is thoroughly dissolved.
- Squeeze red dye in a 5" area just under sleeves, squeezing dye onto edges of folds. Carefully lift up edges to squeeze dye to lower folds, if needed. Repeat step with black on lower part of shirt and blue on upper part, leaving a stripe of white between dye sections.
- Carefully flip over shirt keeping shirt folded, then add more dye, if needed.
- Let set 4 to 8 hours, then wash in washer with small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer. Iron as needed.
Items in This Collection