Purple Easter Basket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Measuring, marking and cutting tools
- 1-1/2 yds. purple glittery fabric
- Spool of ribbon: purple/white polka dot, purple/teal polka dot and teal
- Small teal button
• 2 pieces 36"x6" lengthwise for basket midsection and handle bow.
• 1 piece 36"x8" lengthwise for inside basket edging.
Note: cut lengthwise so fabric doesn’t stretch.
1. Purple/white polka dot- 1 yard for handle bow, approximately 1-1/2 yards for handle wrap.
2. Purple/teal polka dot- 2 pieces 36" for basket midsection.
3. Teal- 1 piece 18" for handle bow, approximately 1-1/2 yards for handle wrap.
1. Fold one piece of long purple fabric in half and loosely weave through basket midsection. Secure ends on inside of basket with hot glue.
2. Weave pieces of purple/teal ribbon through midsection on top of purple fabric, and tie in bow where they meet at sides.
3. Wrap purple/white polka dot ribbon around handle, starting at inside edge of one handle. Secure with hot glue as you wrap. End on opposite side and secure ends on inside.
4. Repeat step 3 with teal ribbon, gluing between polka dot ribbon.
5. Fold 8” wide piece of purple ribbon in half width wise. Glue to inside edge of basket so 2” of ribbon shows on outside along the top. Gather slightly as you glue to give a ruffled effect. Continue around basket till ends meet. Fold end under and secure with glue.
6. With last piece of purple fabric, tie simple bow. Cut ends to form a “V.” Glue to handle.
7. Repeat with purple/white polka dot ribbon and glue to middle of purple bow.
8. Cross teal ribbon over itself to form a ½ loop at top. Glue to polka dot ribbon. Glue teal button to intersection. Trim ribbon ends so they are angled.
*Tip: Use extra purple fabric as basket filling.