Quick and Easy Easter Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Cookie cutters
- Wilton® Pre-Mixed Icing Bags
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar, butter and cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat. Add in flour slowly.
- Dough should become soft and not sticky. Roll into a ball and separate in half.
- Make two small discs out of the halves of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough to 1/8" thickness and cut with Easter cookie cutter shapes.
- Bake 10 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- Using Wilton Icing and the round tip, pipe out designs by pulling icing bag back and forth across cookies, in a zig zag motion. Accent with other colors, or use start tip to create ridges for carrot leaves.
- Allow icing to set, about 40 minutes.