SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cynthia Rowley® trim
- Stretchy ponytail holder or 1/4" elastic
- Needle and thread to match trim
- Matching grosgrain ribbon for backing
- Fabric glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Run a thin line of fabric glue down each side of the ribbon.
2. Lay trim onto top of ribbon, wrong sides together. Press in place. Trim & allow to dry.
3. Fold each raw edge end 1/3" and glue down with fabric glue. Allow to dry.
4. Fold each end again 1/2". Slip in elastic loop and sew down to create a casing for the elastic loop to run through freely.
Try headband before sewing the 2nd casing at one end, so it can be adjusted for comfort. Add a decorative zigzag stitch to the edge of the trim top; it will prevent fraying & add a design element. Apply a decorative sewn edge before Step 3.