Notes: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout
WOF = width of fabric
Use of a design wall is recommended
Size of Quilt: 60"x77"
1. Cut two 3-1/2"xWOF strips from each of the eight coordinating fabrics. Stitch each pair of strips together with right sides together and short ends even. Press seam allowances to one side. Cut one 50" strip and four 3-1/2" squares from this pieced strip. Repeat for the remaining pairs of strips.
2. Cut twenty-two 2-1/2"xWOF strips from fabric used for the alternate stripes. Stitch short ends together. Press. Cut sixteen 50" strips from this long strip. (Hint: Stitch short ends together as needed for each 50" strip to avoid twisting of a long strip). Cut thirty-two 2-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangles from the remaining strips.
3. Using design wall, determine placement of 50" strips. Note that there will be one extra strip.
4. Stitch strips together with long edges even and right sides together, alternating strips as desired. Press seam allowances towards the darker fabric.
5. Cut four 3-1/2"xWOF strips for side borders. Stitch short ends together, press and cut to length. (To determine length of side border strips, measure across the center from top to bottom. Cut length to that measurement.)
6. Stitch one side border strip to each side of pieced unit.
7. For outside side borders, stitch 3-1/2" squares to the 2-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangles following color order of inner quilt top. Press seam allowances towards the darker fabric. Stitch borders to the outside side edges of the quilt top.
8. Cut and piece backing fabric as needed to make a 68"x85" rectangle.
9. Layer backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt as desired.
10. Cut eight 2-1/2"xWOF strips of binding fabric. Stitch short ends together and press seam allowances open. Fold with long edges even and wrong sides together. Press. Stitch binding to the right side of the quilt with raw edges even. Turn and whipstitch to back.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>