WOF = width of fabric. Note: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout. Use of a design wall is helpful.
1. Cut one 10½"x45½" rectangle lengthwise from applique background fabric.
2. For applique floral ribbon, fuse Pellon® Wonder-Under® to the wrong side of the fabric with the large floral motifs. Cut out desired flowers and arrange on the background fabric. Remove paper from the back of each flower and fuse into place. If desired, machine applique around each flower.
3. From the inner border fabric, cut three 1½"xWOF strips. Stitch short ends together. Press. From the long strip, cut two 45½" lengths. Stitch one length to the top of the appliqued piece. Repeat for the bottom edge.
4. Determine the order placement of the coordinating fabrics. Cut fabric strips as follows: 1½"xWOF, 2½"xWOF and 3½"xWOF. Strips placed below the appliqued piece were cut to a length of 37". Strips placed above the appliqued pieces were cut to 16". Using a design wall, place the longer strips as desired. Hint: Use seven 3½" strips, eight 2 ½" strips and seven 1½" strips. Place a wider strip on each side edge, in case trimming/squaring up is needed.
5. Repeat the same sequence for the top striped section.
6. Stitch the strips together along the long edges. Alternate the direction of stitching (top down or bottom up) to help eliminate unevenness. Press seam allowances to one direction. With the strips going vertically, trim the pieces as needed to measure 45½"x15½" for the top set and 45½"x36½" for the bottom set.
7. Mark the centers of both striped pieces (top and bottom) and the appliqued piece. Pin and stitch the appropriate pieces to the appliqued piece, matching center marks and side edges. Press seam allowances towards inner border pieces.
8. From backing fabric, cut and stitch a 53"x70" rectangle.
9. Layer backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt as desired.
10. From binding fabric, cut six 2½"xWOF strips. Stitch short ends together. With wrong sides together fold in half lengthwise. Press. Stitch to the top of the quilt with raw edges even. Fold binding to back and whipstitch in place.
Finished size 45"x 62"
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>