NOTE: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout. WOF = width of fabric
1. Cut one 10½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut four 6½"x10½" rectangles and four 2½"x10½" rectangles.
2. Cut one 7½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut four 2½"x7½" rectangles.
3. Cut one 2½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut eight 2"x2½" rectangles.
4. From binding fabric, cut five 2½"x WOF strips.
5. Set remaining fabrics aside to be used later as needed. Note: The above cutting directions will make 28 blocks. Thirty blocks are needed to complete this quilt. Fabric choices for the two remaining blocks should be made after determining block placement.
1. To make a block, stitch one 2"x2½" rectangle to each end of a coordinating
2½"x7½" rectangle. Press seam allowances toward the darker fabric. Stitch a
2½"x10½" rectangle to one long edge of the pieced unit. Stitch a 6½"x10½" rectangle to the other long edge of the pieced unit. Press seam allowances towards the larger rectangles.
2. Using a design wall and photo as reference, place blocks in rows of five. Make six rows alternating direction and placing fabrics as desired. Two additional blocks will need to be cut, stitch and placed.
3. Stitch blocks together to make each row. Press seam allowances of each row in opposite directions. Stitch rows together.
4. Piece backing fabric as needed to create a 54"x66" rectangle.
5. Layer backing, batting and pieced top. Quilt as desired.
6. Stitch short ends of binding pieces with right sides together. Press with wrong sides together and long edges even. With raw edges even and right sides together, stitch binding to the quilted piece. Turn binding to the back and whipstitch in place.
7. Size of Quilt: 50" x 60"
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>