SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yard each of Keepsake Calico fabrics: Blue Damask, Paisley Aqua & Brown, Aqua Carpet Pattern, Green Damask, Aqua No Print, Green No Print, Blue Beige Paisley
- 3 yds fabric for backing
- 1/2 yd fabric for binding
- One 54" x 66" rectangle of batting
- Basic sewing/quilting supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
- Sewing machine
NOTE: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout. WOF = width of fabric
1. Cut one 10½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut four 6½"x10½" rectangles and four 2½"x10½" rectangles.
2. Cut one 7½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut four 2½"x7½" rectangles.
3. Cut one 2½" x WOF strip from each of the seven coordinating fabrics. From this strip, cut eight 2"x2½" rectangles.
4. From binding fabric, cut five 2½"x WOF strips.
5. Set remaining fabrics aside to be used later as needed. Note: The above cutting directions will make 28 blocks. Thirty blocks are needed to complete this quilt. Fabric choices for the two remaining blocks should be made after determining block placement.
1. To make a block, stitch one 2"x2½" rectangle to each end of a coordinating
2½"x7½" rectangle. Press seam allowances toward the darker fabric. Stitch a
2½"x10½" rectangle to one long edge of the pieced unit. Stitch a 6½"x10½" rectangle to the other long edge of the pieced unit. Press seam allowances towards the larger rectangles.
2. Using a design wall and photo as reference, place blocks in rows of five. Make six rows alternating direction and placing fabrics as desired. Two additional blocks will need to be cut, stitch and placed.
3. Stitch blocks together to make each row. Press seam allowances of each row in opposite directions. Stitch rows together.
4. Piece backing fabric as needed to create a 54"x66" rectangle.
5. Layer backing, batting and pieced top. Quilt as desired.
6. Stitch short ends of binding pieces with right sides together. Press with wrong sides together and long edges even. With raw edges even and right sides together, stitch binding to the quilted piece. Turn binding to the back and whipstitch in place.
7. Size of Quilt: 50" x 60"