1. Place fusible batting right side up on pressing surface. Fabric will be randomly layered on top of the batting, creating the scrappy look.
2. Begin with squares 5-1/'x5-1/2' at one end of the batting and just lay out the squares – overlapping edges as you design. Be sure the batting is covered.
3. Be creative and change the size of the shapes – measuring spaces as you go and continuing to overlap the fabric slightly.
4. Fussy cut the fabrics and overlay on the fabrics as desired. To “fussy cut" is to target and cut a specific motif thatʼs printed on fabric, rather than randomly cutting yardage.
5. Continue until the batting is completely covered.
6. Press the fabric in place on the fusible batting.
7. Add small strips of a light fusible tape to the loose edges and assorted fabrics added on top of the other fabrics. Press following manufacturer’s directions.
8. Layer backing fabric right side down and the batting with fabric design right side up and pin or baste.
9. Randomly machine quilt with a contrasting Coats Dual Duty XP® general purpose sewing thread. The quilt shown is quilted crosswise and lengthwise at varying widths. Trim edges.
10. Cut 4 binding strips – 2-1/4' x Width of Fabric. Sew end to end and press wrong sides together. Bind the edges of the runner.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>