1. Place fusible batting right side up on pressing surface. Fabric will be randomly layered on top of the batting, creating the scrappy look.
2. Begin with squares 5-1/'x5-1/2' at one end of the batting and just lay out the squares – overlapping edges as you design. Be sure the batting is covered.
3. Be creative and change the size of the shapes – measuring spaces as you go and continuing to overlap the fabric slightly.
4. Fussy cut the fabrics and overlay on the fabrics as desired. To “fussy cut" is to target and cut a specific motif thatʼs printed on fabric, rather than randomly cutting yardage.
5. Continue until the batting is completely covered.
6. Press the fabric in place on the fusible batting.
7. Add small strips of a light fusible tape to the loose edges and assorted fabrics added on top of the other fabrics. Press following manufacturer’s directions.
8. Layer backing fabric right side down and the batting with fabric design right side up and pin or baste.
9. Randomly machine quilt with a contrasting Coats Dual Duty XP® general purpose sewing thread. The quilt shown is quilted crosswise and lengthwise at varying widths. Trim edges.
10. Cut 4 binding strips – 2-1/4' x Width of Fabric. Sew end to end and press wrong sides together. Bind the edges of the runner.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.