Quilted Dress Form Cover
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cotton quilting fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Extra-wide double-fold biased tape
- Metal zipper
1. Cut out pattern pieces.
2. Stitch side front and front together.
3. Stitch back and front together at sides and shoulder.
4. Stitch bottom front and sides together.
5. Stitch bottom back pieces to bottom sides.
6. Stitch bottom back and bottom front together.
7. Stitch bottom and top pieces together
8. Iron biased tape open on one edge.
9. With right sides together, stitch biased tape to bottom.
10. Stitch biased tape over middle seam, connecting top and bottom.
11. Iron biased tape open on one edge. Accordion fold length biased of biased tape to fit at neck opening. Baste.
12. With right sides together stitch folded biased tape to neck opening. Fold ends of tape under 1/2” and top stitch to finish edge.
13. Cut rectangle piece of fabric measuring the length of the arm opening plus 1” x 4” wide.
14. Stitch width together.
15. Press length under 1/2”.
16. Attached un-pressed edge to arm hole opening.
17. Hand-baste pressed edge and pull tight. Knot off thread.
18. Insert zipper according to manufactures directions in back opening.
19. Pull onto dress from and zip.
Fit onto dress form multiple times and adjust as necessary.
Use 1/2” seam allowance.