Quilted Pot Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Susan Winget Tea Time fabric collection:
- 1/4 yd. Patch
- Package of 1/2" Binding
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut two 9" squares from fabric and batting.
- Sandwich the front and back of the fabric between the binding.
- Quilt as desired.
- Cut one 4" strip from the binding and stitch down the open side to close. Fold in half and center it on one of the corner and baste in place.
- Sew the binding to the front side of the potholder matching raw edges.
- When you reach a corner stitch 1/4" before the corner, turn and stitch to the corner, backstitch and cut thread.
- Lift the binding strip and make a diagonal fold, pull the binding strip back down creating a fold at the top and continue sewing until reaching the next corner and repeat this process again at each corner.
- Fold the binding strip over to the backside of the potholder and repeat steps 6 and 7.