SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Quilting fabrics: 2 yds Etchings Butterflies Pink
- 3-3/4 yds Backing fabric of choice
- 58"x68" Quilt batting
- Basic sewing & quilting supplies
2 yds Illusions Floral Turquoise
1/4 yd each: Cat Floral Candy, Sundrenched Butterfly/Flowers Lavender, Multi Bright Stripe, Green Stripe, Taylor Patterned Butterfly Multi, Taylor Packed Butterfly Multi, Taylor Patch Multi, Yellow Small All-Over Print, Floral Cats Pink
DIRECTIONS: WOF=Width of Fabric
CUTTING: Label pieces as they are cut
Etchings Butterfly Pink: four 5-1/2" strips lengthwise for borders, four 2-1/2" strips lengthwise for binding, four 8-1/2"x3" rectangles.
Illusions Floral Turquoise: Five 1/2" WOF strips for inner borders, six to eight 8-1/2"x3" rectangles.
Remaining fabrics: six to nine 8-1/2"x3" rectangles each.
1. Arrange rectangles in 14 vertical rows, varying prints and colors throughout. There are 6 rectangles in row 1 and each odd numbered row. There are 5 complete rectangles in row 2 and each even numbered row. Trim 2 rectangles for top and bottom of even number rows to 4-1/2"x3".
2. Stitch rectangles in each row together along short edges.
3. Mark center side edge of rectangles. Pin rows together matching mark to seamline of adjacent row.
4. Stitch the rows together in pairs. Stitch the pairs to complete the center of quilt top.
5. Measure across the center. Cut two 1-1/2" strips to measurement and stitch to top and bottom of center pieced unit. Repeat for side inner borders, piecing as necessary.
6. Repeat for outer border strips.
7. Piece backing as needed.
8. Layer, quilt and bind the edges.