SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola®:Construction paperGlue StickMarkers, including Crayola Metallic markersScissors
- Chenille stems
- Tracing paper
1. Fold two sheets of black construction paper in half. Use Crayola scissors to cut the outline of a butterfly. Open the sheets to see the butterfly wings’ shape.
2. Close the wings. Cut out shapes inside the wings, leaving a black margin between each interior shape. Make sure both layers match.
3. Use Crayola Glue Stick to attach the butterfly layers to tracing paper.
4. With Crayola Markers, color the back of the tracing paper so the bright color shows through the butterfly wings.
5. Glue the other butterfly shape to the back of the tracing paper, matching the first one.
6. Create a body with legs from chenille stems. Twist it on the butterfly. Fold up the wings for a 3-D effect.