Raquel's Ruffle Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart Boutique Sashay Sequins: Concord
- Knitting needles: US9
- Sewing needle & matching sewing thread
GAUGE: Gauge is not important for this project.
For longer scarf cast on 6 stitches; for a shorter scarf cast on 10 stitches.
1. Stretch one end of the Sashay open for several inches and lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Notice that the Sashay yarn is a mesh of holes. The top of the mesh is the only part to be worked with; the metallic edge will be left loose to form the ruffle. Use the top railroad track of holes as if it is yarn.
Scarf measures 4"x62" (6"x38")
2. Directions are for 62" scarf; changes for 38" long scarf are in parentheses.
3. Beginning at the top right edge, insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4" from end and using top row of holes (railroad tracks). Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times skipping 1 hole between each stitch. You now have 6 (10) cast on stitches. Place this needle in left hand.
4. Pick up right hand needle and knit between the top two threads of the mesh (railroad tracks) going into every other hole.
5. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, turning your work in the same direction at end of rows.
6. Put your work down and open up the mesh as you go. Stop knitting when you have 24" left for binding off.
Bind off as usual drawing the end of the Sashay through the last bound off stitch. Trim leaving a 4" end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner and tack to inside with sewing needle and thread.