READ Wall Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint –Jamaican Sea, Pure Orange, Lemon Custard
- Mod Podge® Extreme Glitter
- Mod Podge® Matte
- Four 9” x 12” canvases
- Darice paper mache letters –R, E, A, D
- Flat brush 1/2” – 1/4”
- Wax paper
- Color copies of children’s book pages
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Foam plates
1. Paint paper mache letters Pure Orange. Allow to dry. When dry, apply several coats of Extreme Glitter Mod Podge® allowing dry time between coats.
2. Cut color copies to fit fronts of canvases. Paint edges of canvases with coordinating paint colors. Allow to dry.
3. Seal fronts of color copies with Matte Mod Podge® and allow to dry.
4. Place books or flat surface in opening of canvas back to create a firm surface. Brush matte onto canvas, lay color copy onto canvas and smooth. Place wax paper over copy and use squeegee to smooth paper. Repeat on remaining three canvases. Allow to dry at least 20 minutes.
5. Seal paper with several coats of matte allowing dry time between coats.
6. Glue letters to canvases to finish.