Gauge is not important for this project.
Written for 62" scarf; changes for 38" scarf in ( ).
1. Stretch 1 end of the yarn open for several inches & lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Work the top of the mesh of holes; leaving the metallic edge loose to form ruffle.
2. Begin at the top right edge; insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4"[10 cm] from end & use top row of holes (railroad tracks). Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times skipping 1 hole between each stitch for 6(10) cast-on stitches. Place this needle in left hand.
3. Pick up right hand needle & knit between the top two threads of the mesh (railroad tracks) going into every other hole.
4. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, turning work in the same direction at end of rows.
5. Put work down & open up the mesh as you go. Knit until 24" [61 cm]remains for binding off.
Bind off as usual, drawing the end of the yarn through the last bound-off stitch. Trim, leaving a 4" [10 cm] end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner & tack to inside with sewing needle & thread.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>