Gauge is not important for this project.
Written for 62" scarf; changes for 38" scarf in ( ).
1. Stretch 1 end of the yarn open for several inches & lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Work the top of the mesh of holes; leaving the metallic edge loose to form ruffle.
2. Begin at the top right edge; insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4"[10 cm] from end & use top row of holes (railroad tracks). Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times skipping 1 hole between each stitch for 6(10) cast-on stitches. Place this needle in left hand.
3. Pick up right hand needle & knit between the top two threads of the mesh (railroad tracks) going into every other hole.
4. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, turning work in the same direction at end of rows.
5. Put work down & open up the mesh as you go. Knit until 24" [61 cm]remains for binding off.
Bind off as usual, drawing the end of the yarn through the last bound-off stitch. Trim, leaving a 4" [10 cm] end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner & tack to inside with sewing needle & thread.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.