Ready with Ruffles Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Soft®: 1 ball Off White A
- Red Heart® Boutique Sashay Sequins™: 1 ball Champagne B
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9] 24" long
- Stitch holder
- Yarn needle
- Red Heart® Soft®: Solid Color 5 Oz (140 G), 256 Yd (234 M) And Print 4 Oz (113 G), 204 Yd (187 M) Balls.
- Red Heart® Boutique Sashay Sequins™: 3.5 oz (100g), 30 yd (27m) balls
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 19 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Stockinette Stitch with A, (knit on Right Side, purl on Wrong Side). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
- SPECIAL TECHNIQUE
- GRAFTING = Joining, weaving stitches together to create a seamless, smooth seam.
- To view a tutorial on how-to Graft, go to www.redheart.com/learn/videos/grafting
- Scarf is made in two pieces. End stitches are “Grafted’ together to make one long scarf.
- To view a tutorial on how-to knit with Boutique Sashay Yarn, go http://www.redheart.com/learn/videos/learn-how-knit-sashay
- First Half of Scarf
- With B, cast on 24 sts by running knitting needle through the top row of holes.
- Rows 1-2: Knit. On last row, cut B, leaving a 3" [8 cm] tail.
- Rows 3-14 (Right Side): Change to A and work in Stockinette Stitch.
- Make Second Ruffle
- Rows 15: With B to your left and on the Right Side of work, insert right-hand needle through B from front to back, then knitwise into first st on left-hand needle; knit both together with A. Continue across row.
- Row 16: Keeping B to left and on the Right Side of work, insert right-hand needle through back loop of first st, then through B; knit both together with B. Continue across row.
- Row 17: Slide stitches to other end of needle and purl 1 row with A.
- Row 18: Repeat Row 15.
- Rows 19-31 (Wrong Side): Cut B, change to A and work in Stockinette Stitch.
- Make Third Ruffle
- Rows 32-48: Repeat Rows 15-31, work as Second Ruffle. Continue with A, working in Stockinette Stitch, until piece measures 30" [76 cm] from cast on edge. Cut yarn and place stitches on stitch holder.
- Second Half of Scarf
- Work as First Half of Scarf and leave sts on knitting needle. Leave a 35" [89 cm] long tail for Grafting stitches together. Place stitches from first half of scarf on knitting needle and Graft the two sections together,
- see GRAFTING.
- Tack cut ends of B to Wrong Side. Weave in all ends, block lightly to shape.
- A, B = colors A, B
- cm = centimeters
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- P = purl
- st(s) = stitch (es)
Scarf Measures 6" x 60" [15 cm x 152 cm]