Rebel Love Onesie & Cap
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Baby Couture:
- 3 Winged Love Iron-on Transfers
- Mommy Tattoo Iron-on Applique
- Tulip fabric-crafting:
- Fabric Spray Paint: scarlet, sunshine, asphalt
- Soft Fabric Paint: crimson red, turquoise
- Multi-Surface Fabric Stencils, italics alphabet
- White cotton baby cap
- White cotton Gerber onesie
- Cardboard or cardstock
- Paper towels
- Plastic tablecloth
- Pressing cloth
- Painter's tape
- Makeup sponges
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay baby cap and onesie on prepared surface.
- Insert cardboard into onesie. Refer to photo. Tape off diagonal stripes on onesie.
- Pour a puddle of turquoise paint onto foil. Dab sponge in paint; dab onto onesie in taped-off stripes. Let dry.
- Spray scarlet paint onto paper towel to get a feel for sprayer, then apply onto onesie and cap. Spray sunshine, then asphalt. Let dry.
- Set onesie on ironing board or hard, flat surface. Set iron to "wool" setting. Place Winged Love tranfers onto onesie. Lay pressing cloth over onesie and iron using a firm, even circular motion for 45-60 seconds. Peel off mylar and let transfer cool.
- Cut letters from italics alphabet stencil to spell "LOVE" and press onto onesie.
- Place onesie back onto plastic covered surface and re-insert cardboard.
- Pour a puddle of crimson red onto foil. Sponge crimson red into letter stencils. Peel off. Allow to dry.
- Set cap on ironing board or hard, flat surface. Place Mommy Tattoo applique on cap cuff, design side up. Lay pressing cloth over applique. With iron on "cotton" setting, iron for 30 seconds. Reverse fabric and repeat.