Red Floral and Fabric Vase
- 1/2 yd each, home decor fabrics: 2 styles
- Styrofoam brand floral foam
- Eight 27 1/2" burgundy confetti roses
- Three 32" red rosehip sprays
- Five 39" red pussy willow sprays
- 1 pkg 26" bamboo branches
- Iron-on hem tape
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Home decor trim
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo. RS = Right side(s).
1. Cut a 17"x19" rectangle from each fabric.
2. For each rectangle, sew short ends, RS together, forming a tube with 1/4" seam allowance. Leave 3" open in the middle of the lining seam. Press seam open.
3. For both lining and exterior, press tube flat with seam in the middle. Sew 1 end together with a 1/4" seam allowance to form bottom.
4. Form gussets by matching bottom seam to fold on 1 side & flatten forming a point. Draw a mark at the fold on each side, 2" from the point end, and draw a line between the marks forming a triangle. Sew along the mark & trim the excess triangle. Repeat on other side.
5. With RS together, drop lining into fabric container, pin the top and sew all around.
6. Turn through lining side seam, push lining into container & press. Turn top of container down to form cuff.
7. Sew home decor trim along the top of container.
8. Fill container with floral foam for a tight fit.
9. Cut the stems of the roses. Place 1 in the center for height. The rest will be placed evenly throughout the design.
10. Cut the rosehips into individual pieces and place throughout the design. Repeat with the pussy willows.
11. Cut small pieces of dried bamboo branches with a touch of green. Angle & insert them into foam.