SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red gemstone beads
- Green marble beads
- Polished red oval marble beads
- Fire polish round green beads
- Gold glass pearls, 4mm & 8mm
- Gold-lined seed beads
- Jewelry wire
- Lobster clasp
- 2" gold eyepins
- 4mm jump ring
- 1.3mm crimp beads
- Round-nose pliers
- Soft-jawed pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Take a 2" eyepin and string on green marble, red oval marble, seed bead and 4mm gold pearl. Bend the pin at a 45° angle. Leave about 1/4" at end and trim off any excess wire. Make a loop with the round-nose pliers.
2. Repeat step one 5 more times. Set aside.
3. Cut a 22" length of jewelry wire. Slide on a crimp bead and lobster clasp, loop the wire back through the crimp bead and crimp.
4. String on a seed bead, fire polish (fp) green bead and a red gemstone. Repeat pattern of red and green 14 times.
5. Slide on an 8mm gold pearl, (fp) green, red gemstone, (fp) green.
6. Repeat pattern 2 more times.
7. Slide on a seed bead and a beaded eyepin. Follow with an (fp) green.
8. Continue pattern in step 5, with a seed bead and beaded head pin in between each set. Repeat pattern of the pearls 3 more times after beaded eyepins.
9. String the remainder of the necklace with the pattern of (fp) green and red gemstones.
10. Finish necklace with a crimp bead and a jump ring – bring wire back through the crimp bead and several beads. Crimp the crimp bead and trim off any excess wire.