Red Hot Snowflake Pops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:24-Cavity Snowflake Silicone MoldNon-Stick Cookie Sheet4.5 lb. bucket of White Ready-To-Use Decorator IcingChristmas Red Icing Color10"x16" Cooling Grid11 ¾ " Lollipop SticksParchment Paper12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tips: 2 and 3White Sugar Pearls
- Firm-textured cake batter, such as pound cake
1. Bake mini cakes in mold supported by cookie sheet. Allow to cool in mold completely; remove from mold.
2. Tint portion of icing red; reserve some white. Heat red icing to pouring consistency.
3. Cover mini cakes. Insert lollipop sticks into mini cakes. Place back side of cake up on cooling grid over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Pour small amount of red icing over back side of mini cakes to cover. Allow to set until dry.
4. Turn mini cakes over and pour red icing to cover. Let dry until set.
5. Pipe designs. Use tips 2 and 3, disposable decorating bags, and white icing to pipe outline and dot designs. Attach Sugar Pearls with dots of icing. Allow to set until dry.
Tip: For pouring consistency, heat icing in microwave at defrost setting (30% power) for 20-30 seconds; stir. Repeat until consistency of icing will pour.