SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™, Rainbow
- Jerzees® white cotton T-shirt
- Plastic tablecloth
Note: Refer to photo for color and design placement. Read all instructions on Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ packaging before starting.
1. Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface.
3. Pinch fabric in center of T-shirt and pull up about 3". Wrap a rubber band around shirt at this point.
4. Continue wrapping rubber bands around shirt about every 2" until entire shirt is bound into a tube shape.
5. Wearing gloves from tie-dye kit, prepare red, yellow and blue dye bottles by adding water to each bottle and shaking thoroughly until dye is mixed.
6. Squeeze red dye onto the tip of the tube-shaped shirt and yellow onto the next section, followed by blue on the third section. Repeat with yellow then blue on the last two sections.
7. Cover T-shirt with plastic tablecloth to keep damp. Let T-shirt set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water. Machine wash in a large load with hottest water suitable for T-shirt and a small amount of laundry detergent. Keep rubber bands in place.
8. Machine dry separately, removing rubber bands before drying.