SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 balls Amazing™ yarn: Glacier Bay
- Lion Brand® crochet hook - size K-10.5
- Lion Brand® large-eye blunt needles (Set of 6)
1 ripple + 6 rows = 4" in pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4" square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
dc3tog (dc 3 sts together) Yarn over, insert hook into st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops. (Yarn over, insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through 2 loops) twice, yarn over and draw through all loops on hook - 2 sts decreased.
1. Scarf is worked widthwise, in a ripple pattern.
2. You may need to work several rows before the ripple pattern becomes clear.
3. The ripple pattern consists of alternating 3-dc peaks and dc3tog valleys. Take care to keep the peaks and valleys of each row aligned. 3 dc are worked into the center dc of peaks and dc3tog are worked centered over valleys.
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 3 ch, 3 dc in next ch, dc in next 5 ch, *dc3tog, dc in next 5 ch, 3 dc in next ch, dc in next 5 ch, rep from * across - 16 ripples.
Row 2-7: Ch 3, turn, skip first 2 dc, dc in next 4 sts, 3 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, *dc3tog, dc in next 5 sts, 3 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, rep from * across; leave turning ch unworked.
Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES
Click for explanation and illustration
ch(s) = chain(s)
dc = double crochet
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
st(s) = stitch(es)
tog = together