Regan's Closet Pencil Caddy
skill level: 1
Project courtesy of Jo-Ann Fabric and craft Stores
Designed by Debra Kinzel
SUPPLIES amp; TOOLS:
- Heidi Grace Designs Reagan's Closet Collection fabric remnants
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
1.Measure height and circumference of can.
2.Cut cardstock to fit inside of can and using can bottom as guide, cut circle out of cardstock.
3.Cut batting the height and circumference of can; glue batting to can.
4.Cut fabric 1" larger than height and circumference of can.
5. Press under ½" on side edge. Glue fabric to batting keeping the top edge even with the can opening and
extending 1" below the bottom. Glue folded side edge in place.
6.Carefully clip fabric at bottom of can every ½". Apply glue to can bottom of and fold fabric over to secure.
7. Lightly glue cardstock circle to piece of matching fabric; cut out fabric½" larger than circle. Clip fabric
every ½" all around. Apply glue to circle and fold fabric edges into cover. Glue to bottom of can.
8. Cut contrasting fabric remnant 5" circumference of can plus 1".
9. Fold contrasting fabric in half and press; press side edge under ½". Glue to can ½" down from tip opneing. Apply glue to inside top edge of can and fold fabric over; finger press to secure.
10. Run a bead of glue along top inside edge of fabric covered can; roll cardstock slightly smaller than can and slide in. Finger press cardstock onto can. Allow to dry.
Skillevel:No experience needed
Approximate crafting time: 3 hours
Please read and follow all manufacturer instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
©2009 J-Ann Stores,Inc. all rights reserved.