Reindeer Mini Cakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Light Bulb Bite-Size Treat MoldRecipe Right Cookie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridChocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing: 2 16-oz. cansParchment PaperBlack Icing Color12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip: 4Small Candy Eyeballs
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Food-safe scissors
- Mini pretzels, cut in half
1. Make mini cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake in mold supported by a cookie sheet and allow to cool according to mold packaging directions. Unmold according to mold packaging directions.
2. Cover mini cakes in poured icing. Heat one can of decorator icing in microwave at defrost setting (30% power) for 20-30 seconds; stir. Repeat until consistency of icing will pour. Place mini cakes on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Use a cut disposable decorating bag to pour icing over mini cakes. Allow to set 30 minutes.
3. Decorate mini cakes. Tint small portion of decorator icing black. Use tip 4, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe dot nose on mini cakes. Use tip 4, a cut disposable decorating bag and chocolate icing to attach candy eyeballs and to pipe pull-out hair. Insert pretzels.